Name: Gurmukh Singh
Author: Monitoring Hadoop
An budding entrepreneur, blogger, life-long student of technology. Began my career as an field engineer, working with electronics and electrical equipment’s and then took a plunge into the Information technology domain.
A techie by profession, have good understanding of Linux, Windows and OpenVMS operating systems.
RedHat Certified Architect (RHCA)
RedHat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH)
Mapr Certified Hadoop Administrator (MCHA)
IPv6 Forum Certified Engineer
CSA OpenVMS Certified
Brocade 4 Gbit Fibre professional
– Hadoop, Amazon Elastic MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Zookeeper
– Amazon Web Services, OpenStack
I am Learning:
– Currently exploring and learning Apache Spark, Storm and Kafka.
– MongoDB, memcached and Redis.
What I used to do Prior to the Big Data Era:
Proxy devices, Cisco GSS, Linux Performance tuning and Security.
Hadoop Stack, OS/Network Stack Performance tuning, Infrastructure Scalability
Bash Scripting, Learning Python, C, Enhancing Java experience.
MySql, MongoDB, HBase
– Provide training’s as an Freelancer on Hadoop, Linux, Bluecoat, Enterprise scalability and Performance tuning.
- Life-long student of technology and Martial Arts.
- A big fan/follower of Einstein and Prof. M Kaku.
- I miss the traditional Punjab, lovely nostalgic smell of playing out all day after the rain.
- Love to travel and see new Places.
- Would love to get lost in the unknown places and learn Martial art forms of different countries.
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is good enough”
“There will always be someone better then you and if you stay in your comfort zone, you will never find that better one. Push your limits, life is all about finding someone better!!”
My other blog: http://indianwararts.blogspot.com.au/